Part Time - 20 Hours
We have a part-time position opening for a Child Advocate based in Sioux Center, IA. If interested in the position, please send resume to Kari Lofflin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Develop, implement, administer, and coordinate all children’s services:
a. Facilitate children’s group services.
b. Make provisions for children’s crisis intervention, counseling, and appropriate referrals.
c. Make therapy referrals with children.
2. Assist with providing case management with victims of domestic abuse (DA) in Osceola, Lyon, Sioux, and O’Brien counties.
a. Guide clients toward self sufficiency.
b. Connect clients with resources for permanent housing.
c. Help clients maintain permanency through consistent support and help.
d. Administer SPDAT assessment tool.
3. Provide transportation for victims affected by DA
4. Provide public education about domestic violence and its effects on children and families.
5. Provide support services and court advocacy with DA victims.
6. Provide innovative services.
7. Maintain all documentation required:
a. Collect and maintain statistical data.
b. Timely entry of data into database.
8. Participate in Community Outreach.
9. Public speaking.
10. On-call rotation as assigned.
11. Assist the Director in determining yearly agency goals and implementing active steps to achieve goals.
12. Provide in-home services when it is safe.
13. Provide mobile advocacy.
14. Attend community meetings.
15. Network with area services providers, agencies, and organizations.
16. Assist clients in filing for Crime Victim Compensation.
17. Adhere to assigned work schedule.
18. Assist the Volunteer Coordinator in identifying and recruiting potential volunteers.
19. Participate in staff meetings and trainings.
20. Complete all training requirements and fulfill on-going certification requirements.
21. Adhere to all Family Crisis Centers policies and procedures
22. Assist the agency in fundraising efforts.
23. Assist the agency in public awareness efforts/outreach.
24. Other duties as assigned.
1. B.S. or B.A. in a human service-oriented field OR high school graduate (or equivalent) with 2 years experience in the field of children’s services and domestic violence.
2. Excellent public speaking, verbal and written communication skills.
3. Excellent leadership and organizational/time management skills (i.e. goal oriented and a self-starter, able to manage multiple projects, work independently, good stress management, etc).
4. Strong crisis intervention skills and ability to work with diverse groups of people.
5. Office skills, including computer literacy, or willingness to learn same.
6. Willingness to work irregular and flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
7. A valid driver’s license and access to reliable vehicle with adequate car insurance.
8. Willingness to travel with some overnight travel involved.